Sunday, November 6, 2011

DANCE MARATHON!

For those of you who have heard, you know that Dance Marathon is a 30-hour dancing phenomenon in which Northwestern students dance for a different beneficiary each year. This year we had a record number of sign-ups with over 1,300 dancers signing up to lose sleep and play with kids in early March! NUDM has selected the Be Positive foundation to dance for this year and I could not be more excited to be working with these kids. These B+ Heroes are the siblings of and children with childhood cancer. Please check this foundation out!

Well, I decided a while back with a close friend of mine, Ned Baker, that I wanted to Emcee all of DM this year. So we filled out the application, made the video, and went through the live audition. We got called back. So we went through that process which is severely secret and then tonight they called us in and told us WE GOT IT!!!!! This is probably the greatest honor I will achieve at Northwestern closely ranked with my diploma. I will be working closely with all these heroes and their families and the dance marathon exec and probably meet our university president, Morton O. Shapiro, which is also the COOLEST person I could meet on this campus. I am pretty much overflowing with facebook notifications and emails about what I am going to do. I was interviewed thrice already and quoted in our school newspaper... no not just quoted... there is an article on Ned and I. I apologize for bragging. I doubt many people read this anyway. Quick post to explain my excitement!!!!

Here we are!

Ned and I were so surprised! We hugged and could barely speak but they gave us some cool visors and took our pictures and here we are! Moving forward as somewhat campus celebrities. Something I learned from this is that if you don't try for something, you can't get it. Try guys, the world is a happier place if you do!

2 comments:

  1. Ash I am so excited for you!!!! Congrats my friend, it sounds like you are really passionate about it and I loved ya'lls video, it was perfect!!! Also, you're definitely allowed to brag ;) you're kind of a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha oh my gosh I had the biggest smile on my face while reading this. "the greatest honor I will achieve at Northwestern closely ranked with my diploma."-i die! miss you kiddo. so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete