Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Arrrrgh!

I began my internship yesterday and it was probably the best day to start. It happened to also be the annual staff outing. So at 3pm, the entire theatre rushed outside onto the pier and we climbed aboard a pirate ship and took a 2 hour sail around Lake Michigan. And if that wasn't enough, they proceeded to then feed me delicious appetizers! WHAT? Awesome. Today, while not spent on the water, is also going to be pretty cool. It is the first rehearsal of one of our fall shows and we have designer presentations and meeting the cast and breakfast. I am liking the pattern of work feeding me. So far I believe my job entails just a lot of organizing so that seems perfect for me. Some of you might have just cocked your head to the side and said, "but Ashley, you live like a pig... your room is a mess... do you even know how to file?... do you even own a planner?... do you know what a spice rack looks like?" The answer my friends is, I cannot organize my own life so, I enjoy organizing other people's lives. I believe the problem is that I am SO organized and SO OCD that I can't find a system that works for me because none of them are neat enough. Hence my life explodes into organized chaos where I know that the stapler is three inches below the construction paper which is right beside my makeup brushes. Other people however get the joyously organized, neat freak that is within. So work is gonna be great... YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment